Tel.: (+86) 13509280819
|Languages: C/C++, glsl/hlsl, C#, LUA, Python|
|Tools: Unreal Engine, OpenGL, Git, Perforce, Jira / Trello|
|Professional skills: Game Engine development, Computer graphics, Graphics API (OpenGL, Vulkan, DX11/12)|
LightSpeed Tech Centre | 01/2021 to present
Tencent – ShenZhen
- NextGen Landscape system development.
- GPU-Driven-pipeline development.
- Skeletal mesh pipeline optimization development.
- Generic Unreal Engine development including graphics pipeline profiling and optimization on Mobile/PC platform, bug fix, engine upgrade, etc.
Gameplay Programmer Intern
Fortnite | Unreal C++ | 06/2020 to 12/2020
Epic Games – Utah
- Implemented gameplay features in the Battle Pass team.
- Worked with Artist to optimize Cosmetic item definitions.
- Fixed bugs about UI, Cosmetic Items, Quests and log spam.
- Helped with fixing asset sync load issues to prevent hitching.
Network Gameplay Engineer | Unity3D | Network |
VR Trauma unit simulator | 05/2019 to 05/2020
The Gapp Lab – Utah
- Accomplished a 1-3 player room-based networking system. Supported synchronizations in patient behaviors, vital signs, and player interactions including passing tools and voice chat.
- Implemented VR interactions of medical tools such as using a stethoscope to check breathing and managing patient behavior according to various scenarios and applied treatments.
VR Gameplay Engineer | Unity3D | VR Trainer for autism children | 10/2017 to 07/2018
AIMtech Centre At CityU – Hong Kong
- Designed and implemented six scenarios with various VR interactions, including pose recognition and hand-based VR mini-games such as shooting basketballs and solving simple puzzles.
- Constructed decision-trees to handle NPCs and environment behaviors.
- Generated graphs after training to help analysts study the results.
Island Venture | Gameplay Engineer | Unreal | 3D exploration building game | 2019
- Created an inventory component supporting picking up, transferring, using, and throwing items.
- Built a combat system including damageable interface and character animation blend trees.
- Developed an enemy AI system including patrolling, routing and attacking.
Strange Creatures | Gameplay Engineer | Unreal | Network | 3D COOP-puzzle game | 2019
- Worked with designers and implemented character mechanisms including physic body deforming.
- Synchronized player movements, special abilities and level puzzles.
- Implemented multi-player interactions such as pushing and dragging other players.
Ready? Set. Haiya! |Gameplay Engineer | Unity3D | Alt-control fighting rhythm game | 2018
- Designed the core game loop and generated new ideas with designers.
- Developed the music gameplay, including beat generation, beat matching, and combo counting using data-driven techniques.
- Created character animator blenders to let characters behave differently in offense or defense mode according to the music data.
Game Engines | C++ | 2018-2019
- Designed a multi-platform independent interface for engine users.
- Implemented transformations among different spaces using matrices.
- Used LUA to read human-readable geometry and effect files and build it to a binary format to reduce loading time during run-time.
- Created a custom memory allocator supporting garbage collection.
- Implemented an Unreal-like input system by using dynamic delegate functions binding.
|City University of Hong Kong – Hong Kong||University of Utah – Salt Lake City, UT|
|Game and Animation||Game Engineer in EAE: Master Game Studio|
|Bachelor of Science | Graduated 2018||Master of Science | Graduated 2020|
- Unity Certified Developer